A workshop for 6 – 11 y/olds focused on overcoming worry and building resilience in a fun-filled and supportive space.
Yoga is an amazing tool to help kids learn self-regulation, to manage big emotions and support building strong bodies, strong minds and strong hearts.
This workshop presents an opportunity for your child to spend an afternoon exploring and enjoying the fun of yoga, suitable for kids of all abilities, experiencing yoga in a warm and supportive environment building resilience, confidence and happiness from the inside out.
Our 90 minute workshop includes:
– A full yoga class with a focus on poses to support stress and anxiety
– Learning breathing techniques to calm an anxious or busy mind
– Simple, age appropriate meditation and mindfulness practices
– Fun yoga inspired games
– A guided relaxation
– A personal development component to support your child in building an unstoppable and resilient mindset
* There will be a short snack break within the workshop. Attendees are asked to bring with them a piece of fruit and a drink bottle
Date: Wednesday 17th April, 1.30 – 3.00pm
Location: GRY MTON
Cost : $20 early bird (ends 1st April) $30 full price
About the teacher:
Sharon Raine is a mother of 4 and her journey to kids yoga came from seeking ways to support children from trauma within a childcare centre she managed several years ago. She soon discovered the remarkable and instant benefits for children that yoga brings and thus left her career to pursue teaching kids and teen yoga full time.
She runs both group and private sessions for kids and teens on the Mornington Peninsula in yoga and yoga therapy. She is passionate about working with all children, and her teaching includes working with children with special needs and youth mental health issue. Sharon continues to find ways to enrich and deepen her knowledge and often includes modalities such as yin and crystal healing within her work.